Thursday, February 12, 2009

New February Resolutions

By this time of year, most people have given up on their New Year's resolutions. I mean, New Year's Eve is one of the most well-celebrated holidays of the year, and you're probably high off the endorphins, and God knows what else, when establishing those resolutions. Of course you're going to ditch any commitments you made in that altered, extra enthusiastic state of mind.

Thus, I am beginning a new tradition for myself. New February Resolutions will allow me to set and accomplish goals at an otherwise dismal time of year. Other than Valentine's Day, there are no holidays to get excited about until spring break rolls around. I, on the other hand, will get excited about checking items off my February resolution list.

Examples include learning to:
  • listen as well as I talk.
  • cook a wide variety of wholesome meals.
  • confront people, period. I'll work on the actual method next year.
  • not worry every five minutes.
  • save money. Or spend it on practical things.
Five seems like a reasonable number of New February Resolutions to have, but I guess I get to make the rules up as I go along. I'll add and subtract as I see fit. Speaking of which, getting fit ought to be on there as well...

No comments: