Sunday, February 15, 2009

A love for weekends and a weekend of love

This weekend was especially enjoyable with all the Valentine's Day festivities. I didn't participate in anything too spontaneous or exciting, but I find that a combination of good food, good friends and a few favorite movies also do the trick.

Here's Katie snuggling in her festive red blanket-with-arms. I introduced her to the glory of Office Space on Friday night. And she looked so cute, an even better advertisement for snuggies than the television commercials, I just had to take a picture.

And these beauties are the absolutely delectable white chocolate cherry shortbread cookies I made to commemorate the holiday.

I ate a lot of really amazing food, which is crucial during this season. Eating is one of the most pleasurable experiences that exists. What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day than to eat lots and lots?

Lin, Elly and I tried Fiesta Grill, a restaurant 5 miles past the middle of nowhere. The place was incredibly crowded and we waited about 45 minutes for a table. When my flautas fiesta arrived, however, I forgot all about the wait. My plate, appropriately, represented a whole party of textures, and tasted like one big piece of fried tortilla and meat heaven. Totally worth the drive, and absolutely worth the $10 price tag.

Naturally, gorging oneself on Mexican ought to be followed up with chocolate. Bliss, the new boutique bakery on West Franklin Street, made the sweetest ending. Chocolate cupcake topped with chocolate ganache? Yes, please. Chocolate-covered strawberry on the house? Bliss accomplished.


1 comment:

Katie said...

Haha, I remember you were so proud of this post because all of the pictures had a red theme ^_^