Sunday, May 24, 2009

The LeaderShape Institute: Review


All better! Well, actually, I've managed to replace one affliction with another, trading an emotional breakdown for pink eye...

I feel relieved nonetheless. I have all these lovely pictures through which to peruse, and I'm realizing that getting off the plane to Raleigh was by no means an end, though the usually well-suppressed pessimist in me was screaming otherwise. Despite spending an entire week repeating the phrase "healthy disregard for the impossible," I had promptly discarded all that I learned.

Although the name of the program implies that one will be shaped into a leader by attending, I think I had that part under control from years of being an older sister and an overachiever extraordinaire. What I took from LeaderShape reinforced my hope in people. Remember how my first year of college did that for me? Well, I love being reminded.


Thus, I'm feeling way better about life. I can see my vision falling into place with tangible (and edible) results. I can also see myself 20 years from now still talking (and arguing) with fellow LeaderShapers.

No comments: