Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sigh of Contentment

Reasons to be happy:

1) I have half a chocolate buttermilk cake sitting upstairs (with chocolate hazelnut buttercream frosting). I'm calling it the "Death by Chocolate & Cholesterol" cake. Probably not the greatest name from a marketing point of view.

2) I saw The Jersey Boys, Aretha Franklin and Barry Manilow in concert for the 4th of July. And most importantly, many of the Sesame Street characters made an appearance. I knew their songs best of all.

3) I saw every member of my family at some point or another this week. I'm not particularly homesick, but spending Friday with my dad in Annapolis and Georgetown made me epically happy. He's oh-so good to me.

4) I ate brunch with Katie today. She is most lovely to be around, especially when accompanied by French toast and Welsh rarebit.

5) My life practically revolves around food these days (clearly), which could be a reason to be depressed rather than happy. After all, cooking with so much butter isn't exactly the best way to avoid my genetic predisposition for high blood pressure. Then again, food brings people together, and I'd like to think I do a lot of that.

6) In further disregard of the selfishly-worded parallel structure I had going (I, I, I, I), the people here are amazing. Inspiring and motivating. And good with flattery. But really, I miss them already.

7) Seems like an appropriate number to end on, for some reason. I think you know this one. LEADERSHAPE REUNION THIS WEEKEND!

No comments: