Thursday, June 4, 2009

Packing a punch, packing a bunch

I'd like to think that everything I'm packing for D.C. is absolutely necessary. No, I cannot survive two months without my craft cart (including my guns--of the staple & hot glue variety) nor without my KitchenAid mixer, at the risk of appearing completely domestic(ated).

With every place I temporarily move to, I feel the need to bring items that remind me of home. As I also harbor packrat tendencies, I have to ensure that I'm being reasonable. I'm sure that some would consider filling an entire van with stuff for two months unreasonable, but I so much want to create a comfortable space for myself and even more so for my roommates.

Baking and crafting are as close to being maternal as I'm willing to get. At least for the moment.

No comments: