Wednesday, June 10, 2009

First D.C. Farmers' Market

I know it looks more like carnage, but I enjoyed homemade beet & goat cheese ravioli this evening (paired with a garlic butter sauce and a side of roasted broccoli) courtesy of the Rose Park Farmers' Market. I cannot possibly describe my excitement upon learning that this market is literally two blocks from where I work.

Additionally, I bought a chocolate & almond croissant and chicken pastry from this awesome French man. He's already a favorite.

In other news, I'm ready for the weekend. Alice Waters book signing, another farmers' market, potentially a food & wine tasting, and going out dancing, lots. Can't wait!

2 comments:

wes said...

i hate to say it cause im sure you enjoyed it immensely, but that red.....thing, looked awful lol

Andrea said...

Chocolate croissants at the farmers market on sundays in dupont circle is the shiz. I highly recommend it. along with the apple butter i brought home to chapel hill :)