Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Last One in the First Month

It's funny how much emphasis is placed on change-- from our climate to our new president's election campaign. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but seemingly always inevitable.

So I feel incredibly fortunate to have friends who have not succumbed to the change mania. Friends from elementary, middle and high school who mean the same to me now than they did back then. (Though I'm sure I didn't realize it 10 years ago.)

They're the ones I may never see, but can always call. The ones I see everyday, who maintain my sanity. In a world full of change, it's nice to have that solid foundation.

Though perhaps there has been an almost imperceptible change in all of us. The influence of college, of new life experiences cannot have left us unaffected. So I suppose I am even more grateful that as we change, we evolve even closer together.





...just to include a few :-)

No comments: