Friday, August 29, 2008

Really Little People, Big World

I've seen these on several different sites lately, but only today have I discovered how clever these street art projects by a London artist actually are.




Slinkachu hand paints little people and animals, places them around London and then leaves them there. I'm just in sheer awe of the attention to detail these must have required. Not to mention the perspective one must have to see such small areas as harboring the potential for greatness. (I could turn this into a far deeper analogy, but I'll spare you.)

Of course, if it can be done in London, why not spread the idea to other cities? I'm thinking I'd put my figurine in the unsung heroes statue, probably taking pictures like a tourist at Emperor Qin's Terra-cotta army. Where would you put yours?

1 comment:

Katie said...

I would make a tiny Ms. Trunchbull and put her beside a child. "I'm right, you're wrong; I'm smart, you're dumb; I'm big, you're little. And there's nothing you can do about it!"